Bilge Müftüoğlu advises domestic and international investors, construction, contracting and project management companies on the structuring, drafting and negotiation of construction and EPC agreements (including FIDIC agreements), as well as on claim-building and performance of project-related obligations.
In addition, through regular training sessions delivered to the companies active in the construction and energy sectors, Bilge Müftüoğlu informs managers, engineers responsible for project management, and in-house legal counsel of those companies on contractual obligations under FIDIC, NEC and other construction agreements, the negotiation of these agreements and potential problems that may arise during the course of a project’s management.
Bilge Müftüoğlu also provides a training program on supply agreements to engineers and other employees responsible for project management at companies, summarizing her experience on various types of supply agreements, the rights and obligations of the buyer and the seller, the negotiation of these agreements and potential problems that may arise during the course of the management of the project, including through real-life case studies.
Besides construction and infrastructure, Bilge Müftüoğlu is experienced on:
- Advising on the privatization of public assets such as refineries and gas distribution companies and the privatization of electricity and natural gas projects (prior to the enactment of specific legislation) through concession agreements by BO, BOT and TOR models;
- Drafting, performing risk analysis on, negotiating and providing legal advice during the course of performance of supply and installation agreements, operation and maintenance agreements and subcontracting agreements for construction, infrastructure and energy projects including generation, transmittal and storage facilities such as natural gas and transit petroleum pipeline projects, combined cycle power plants, hydroelectric power plants and wind energy power plants;
- Advising on the resolution of disputes arising out of construction and infrastructure projects and representing clients before arbitration authorities;
- Advising on project finance and other financial arrangements for international construction, infrastructure and energy projects;
- Structuring, coordinating and leading preliminary discussions, due diligence processes and agreements for mergers and acquisitions;
- Defence industry agreements and managing communication with the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries.
Dokuz Eylül University Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 1990)
Ankara University Faculty of Law (Certification Program on European Union Law, 1991)
Yazıcı Attorney Partnership (since 1996)
Roketsan Roket Sanayii ve Ticaret A.Ş. (1991 – 1996)
Ankara Bar Association
We cannot provide more information on our lawyers’ biographies via our website (Turkish Bar Association’s Regulation on Prohibition of Advertisement, Official Gazette number 25296, November 21, 2003). Please do not hesitate to contact us for more specific information on their experience.